Deluxe L579 w/Fishgods

Discussion in 'Sako Medium Actions' started by stonecreek, Oct 29, 2020.

1. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    https://www.sakosource.com/-1718rs-fishgods.html

This very early Deluxe .243 has just been posted on the SakoSource website. It seems to have all of the goodies of the earliest L579's like the half-moon floorplate release, flat bolt knob, grooved bolt shroud, etc., but this one also has the rarely-seen "Weatherby slant" on the contrasting fore end.

My question is about the "Fishgods" floorplate. It seems that there are two versions of this; one has just two "eyes" (small round dots), while the other has three "eyes". This is a three eye version. Does anyone have a photo of a two eye version?

2. sakojim

sakojim Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    I may be wrong, but I question if the butt pad is genuine Sako or a close copy. Just does not look right for a match to that serial number. Would you experts please share your knowledge and opinions please? Sakojim.

3. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Pad is definitely a replacement. Probably one our friend in Montana sells. You can see in the pics that the pad to stock edge is not quite flush & from installing several of these pads, I can tell by the color & texture it is one of those pads. They say Sako on them, but they are a poor quality pad.

4. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    The seller agrees with you guys on the pad. His description says it "looks too good to be that old" and is probably a replacement.

5. deersako

deersako Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    That is nice.

6. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I saw that. I was just responding to sakojim's question. Previous owner probably had it done. I doubt sakosource would do it as he would probably not get the extra cost back when he sells it. Those pads go for $150 with shipping. Add the cost to install and your talking over $200.