Deluxe 244

Discussion in 'Show us your Sako' started by Rocky, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Nothing to do today so I got in my safe and pulled out a couple of rifles. This one is a 244 caliber.

P1017137.JPG P1017140.JPG P1017106.JPG P1017115.JPG P1017104.JPG P1017109.JPG P1017132.JPG

2. Paul B.

Paul B. Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New York
    Absolutely gorgeous my friend! Must look fantastic right next to that .244 long-barreled mannlicher of yours! ;)

3. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Hi Paul, It's hard to beat the one piece Mannlicher my friend, and thanks for the commint!

4. sakojim

sakojim Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Rocky.
    Have mercy man. Here I am, house bound from the virus situation, smoke so thick I can't go outside and nothing to do but enjoy Sako pictures to pass the time. Now you post something so rare and beautiful that I might have to dig in the safe to try to find one half as good to make me feel better. It would sure help me feel better to know a little of the history of how you ever found this beauty. For me the crowning beauty marks are triple white line spacers. Of course the single deer engraving is another rare feature. Congratulations and enjoy it until you decide which person will cherish and preserve it to your satisfaction. Sakojim.

5. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Hello Jim, I know what your talking about living in Oregon with all the smoke. I just talked with friend today who is a another Sako collector living in Oregon. He said that he tried to site in a rifle today at 100 yards but couldn't see the target. That's pretty thick smoke.
    Not really a whole lot of history on this one. I believed that I picked this on off of Guns International around five years ago. I guess that I was the first one to see it.

6. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Love that .244 Rocky. Scale of a 10 regarding rarity? The pollution index here is 427. Totally oppressive. Like nuclear winter. Normal healthy air is 1-50. We’ve had it pretty rough.

Sakojim, I hope the wind doesn’t shift and send this stuff and the flames back over the mountain. Was in Silver Lake antelope hunting a couple of weeks back with a dear friend. Take care.

7. sakojim

sakojim Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Rocky, I am very happy that you have been able to acquire such a magnificent group of Sako rifles. I also want to complement you for keeping them in such immaculate condition.

Sean, I hope that you had a good hunt in the Silver Lake area. Having hunted many parts of Oregon for 60+ years, I do believe that ODFW has done a lousy job of game conservation.
    I believe that over the years the game population has declined shamefully because of the pressure to produce revenue for a greedy a State and an overgrown bureaucracy.
    I am afraid that this years wildfires will cause a tremendous loss of wildlife. I hope that steps are taken to reduce hunting pressure to allow recovery of those losses. Sakojim.

Sean Hodges and Rocky like this.
  8. Backfencer

Backfencer Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Washington
    What a remarkable specimen! Thanks for sharing!