DBM for Sako A7

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by Quercus_alba, Jan 15, 2020 at 1:17 AM.

1. Quercus_alba

Quercus_alba Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    Since CDI is out of business is there any other routes to go for a DBM? Thank you.

2. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Part of the problem with CDI’s system was it wasn’t a drop in kit like HS Precision or others. Rifles had to be sent for fitting. This was more than minor dremel work needed. I believe they were trying to build a good product but hadn’t worked out the R and D issues before advertising.

I know of no other source which would use an AI magazine or any other like Magpul for instance. The only thing available is bottom metal from Atlasworks, but it uses factory magazines. I’d also like a kit for my A7 because I do not have faith in the factory magazines for the long haul, but have not found a thing.

3. Quercus_alba

Quercus_alba Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    That's the fear I am having. I've thought about just taking a block of aluminum and milling it out to the same dimensions as the factory magazine... The other thought I've had is to take a single stack AI mag and seeing if I can put a lug on the front of the magazine like on the factory magazine. So far I am really impressed with the gun compared to my others bolt actions.

4. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Best of luck. Mine has been pretty well reworked. I’ve done a McMillian Game Scout stock, custom muzzle brake, 85 shroud. oversized carbon fiber and titanium bolt handle, Warne Mountain Tech rings + bases, Leupold VX5, etc.. Bottom metal and magazines would be awesome to finish it up.

5. Quercus_alba

Quercus_alba Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    Sean Hodges,

Have you used Atlasworx out of Australia? They have shrouds and I am thinking of ordering a metal floorplate from them as a place holder until I find a dbm.... Do you know if they are safe?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020 at 4:40 AM
  6. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    I considered the Atlasworx bottom metal but didn’t care for the shape of the trigger guard. Right now it’s still factory polymer. My friend has one and has zero complaints. I wouldn’t have a concern about safety. Hopefully something better will come along, but I’m not holding my breath.

The shroud is a genuine Sako 85 stainless steel. I ordered it from Midwest Gunworks. It was less expensive than the Atlasworx aluminum. It dressed up the bolt nicely. The fit and finish is superior and it was plug and play.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020 at 5:21 AM
    Quercus_alba likes this.
  7. Quercus_alba

Quercus_alba Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US West Virginia
    Good deal, I was worried that I would get burned by them. I may order the parts from them. Thanks for the info.

8. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    My friend bought his Atlasworx bottom metal through eBay. They have 100% positive feed back there if you’re concerned.

Quercus_alba likes this.