1. Clp9150

Clp9150 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Does anyone really ever sell anything here? Doesn’t appear that anyone even visits or looks at items for sale.

2. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Sure people sell and buy all the time. Most likely you may not understand the process. Folks cannot respond directly to your add within the trade corner. If their interested they will PM you and the deal is private away from the forum.

If no one is responding, then you should take another look at your ad. Your asking price may be more than realistic based on your description of the item. Or it’s incomplete, most folks would like to see some photos of the item for sale. My suggestion would be - tune up your add, perhaps reevaluate your asking price and post photos.

3. Clp9150

Clp9150 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    10-4 thanks for the input.

4. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    You bet, I do hope you find a buyer.

A few things to remember. Within this forum you are dealing with a very savvy group of collectors and shooters. Not all but most are looking for pristine specimens to fill a niche in their personal collection.

The shooter might be interested but they will be very educated regarding value. A deluxe in 7 mag is one of the more common ones out there. So right there it might lose some attractiveness. Add in the issues you’ve described in your post and it really detracts, especially when they get to the price. I fully realize $500 seems an insult when trying to trade in or swap a rifle of this quality.

Most gun shops try and make 30% on all used guns, so the shops are trying to figure what they can put it out for, and actually sell it somewhat quickly. If they over pay, then over price, they might be stuck with it for a long period of time before the right buyer comes along. In other words, they assume all the the risk

Try and remember not everyone has the same respect for Sako as the folks in this forum. In my town older L series Sakos don’t bring near the value they do in other regions. Right now the trend has gone away from beautiful wood stocked classics of any brand, unless it’s very special.

The trend is plastic in the entry market. In the high end market it’s carbon fiber, Kevlar, fancy muzzle brakes and very high end optics, so folks can shoot out to 1000 yards. Nothing wrong with the trend but that’s where the energy is focused. Right now you can buy a Nosler M48 Liberty for less than $1000 at Cabelas, in several calibers.

Hopefully someday the trend will cycle back but I wouldn’t hold my breath. I wish you luck.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  5. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    The 7mm Rem Mag Sako Deluxe is probably the hardest of the bunch to sell. If it has one of the rarer engraving patterns it would spark some interest, but if it is the common "Sakolope" engraving people are not going to beat a path to your door. Over the last year and a half there have been about a dozen Sako Deluxes in excellent to NIB condition sell at 3 different auctions in my local area. All went in the $1000 to $1200 range. Your's being a shooter & not a collector rifle you would be fortunate to get that, IMHO. Asking prices & selling prices are two different animals. Like Sean said, I don't see any gunshop offering much more than $500 with the current market trends.

6. Clp9150

Clp9150 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas

7. Clp9150

Clp9150 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas

Thanks for the added knowledge. I will remove my listing. Lol, I thought I had a special gun in my safe. I really had no idea of how many were out there. I’m beginning to think a little failure to clear my scope issue isn’t too big of a deal. Y’all be good and be safe. Also thank you everyone who replied for not insulting me because of my lack of info. Some places take every chance they can to kick a guy. Y’all were cut from good cloth.

Unclekax likes this.