1. NeedSakoHelp

NeedSakoHelp Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Maryland
    First gun was a Sako .22 bolt action. Been a fan ever since.

I'm now handling my Dad's collection, of which we are attempting to value 8 rifles. One is a very special V63 with a low (2 digit) serial number. Other models include another VL63, L61R, 2 L579's, I, A-II, A-III.

I see volumes of information citing the many differences and have had some difficulty placing values on these Hoping for some help from this esteemed group.

Thanks!

2. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    You’re 100% correct there is probably centuries of combined knowledge and experience here.

Placing value within the confines of a website is a challenge, there are so many variables regarding overall value. Often times members will give an opinion to assist another member, while some would prefer not.

In my opinion a brief description and really good quality photos of each rifle - one at a time would be best, rather than lumping them into a single posting. Keeping the data and opinions separate would cut down on the convolution.

Also, check online auction/sale gun sites to see selling prices in various parts of the country. Obviously specific to what you have. Some of your items are unique and won’t be easy to compare online, so yes some insight here could be very helpful. Best of luck to ya.

3. NeedSakoHelp

NeedSakoHelp Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Maryland
    Thanks for the pointers! I’ll have to get some photos taken. Very much appreciated.