Because we're still locked in, this was my project today. I cut the bridge out between the front and rear of Redfield one piece bases BS and BH for the Sako L461 small action to convert them to two piece bases. I need to put one more coat of cold blue where I made the cuts, and they'll be complete. Notice the difference where the ring attaches to the rear base. The ring is between the screw holes on the BS base, and in front of the screw holes on the BH base. I also stamped the proper code on the bases so someone doesn't mis-match them. In the next few days, I'm going to do the same to Redfield bases BL and BG for the L579 medium action. Two piece bases have always been my favorite. The converted BS base doesn't look bad on my 222.