Couple of toys

Discussion in 'Show us your Sako' started by BaconRind, May 10, 2019.

1. BaconRind

BaconRind Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah
    Howdy,

I just posted in the new member section, I better post a few pics of the rifles I own. I have more that I don't have pictures of, those are unfortunately back on the ranch. The rifles pictured are the few that I have with me, I'll do my absolute best to get some pictures of the poor, neglected rifles stuck in safes back home.

I don't know a lot about these rifles, I inherited some and others I've collected over the years. I've just ran across a few at random times and purchased them and added them to the pile of these beautiful rifles that I already own. Hoping to learn more about them as members reply.

Thank y'all,
    Clark IMG_2446-1.JPG IMG_2447-1.JPG IMG_2448-1.JPG IMG_4794.jpg

2. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Curious as to what those are chambered in? Three nice old Sako actions that look like there would be some great stories behind.

3. deergoose

deergoose Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    I'll say !.....wow, those are really nice rifles. Looks like the O'Brien is a .17Magnum. I know nothing about this chambering. I did see where the bolt appears to have been uncocked on the O'Brien, but still can be inserted into the receiver ? Looks weird to me, but that just could by my ignorance about the rifles that you own.

Again, very nice ! congrats and thanks for sharing...
    DeerGoose

4. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I don't think it is uncocked, but rather a custom bolt shroud that you're seeing. I've seen a number of custom bolt shrouds on Sakos, but this is one I haven't seen before.

deergoose likes this.
  5. kevinlg

kevinlg Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Oh.......it's de-cocked alright. The enlarged pic shows the firing pin sear at the bottom of the bolt cocking ramp.

I think I've seen that particular O'Brien Field Grade 17 Mach IV before..........looooong ago. Hmmmm........