Composite stock options

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by Makoman, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Makoman

Makoman Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    I recently acquired a beautiful, mint AV. I plan to hunt with it, but I worry about jacking up its beautiful wood stock, so I'm thinking of getting a composite stock. The only one I know of is McMillan. Any others out there?

Also, which styles are you guys that have swapped stocks using? I like the Game Warden/Game Scout and Hunters Edge styles from McMillan.

2. RangerAV

RangerAV Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Maryland
    I used the McMillan SAKO Classic, and I like the looks of that (straight comb) better.

OTOH, the rifle was original with a SAKO Hunter wood stock, very pretty, and I like the feel of that (palm swell) better. From their website, I think McMillan SAKO Hunter is meant to be more like that original SAKO stock.

I did mine well before the word Edge popped into their vocabulary, but not long ago while researching a different project I think I understood McMillan to say they can "Edge" (fill) any of their standard stock shapes.

-Chris

3. Makoman

Makoman Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    I prefer straight comb as well. I'm looking at their Hunter Edge. If I'm going to do it, I'd better do so fast. I just called them and it's a 5-6 month wait right now.

4. RangerAV

RangerAV Active Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Maryland
    On 8/3 McMillan told me 4-6 months.

-Chris