Compatible stocks

Discussion in 'Sako Medium Actions' started by Rogan Kinnear, Jul 14, 2020.

1. MickTaylo

MickTaylo Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Yep that's what I do, either get a blank and do my own , or buy a hatcher to finish off or get a Mcmillian... I'm currently making a marine ply wrapped in woven fibreglass cloth custom stock for my Winchester M70 Stealth.

Cheers

Trout Killer and Rogan Kinnear like this.

2. Foxhunter223

Foxhunter223 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Spot on, I am near Coffs Harbour. Did you surf here ? Gallows is very popular not to mention Park Beach North. 20 years ago when I was doing some study at CHEC one of the teachers was an ex Californian who left he USA many years ago to surf his way around the world. He has never gotten past Coffs Harbour :)

Sounds like SW Utah is the place to be ! You are right I would love it.

I have a friend in Peublo CO who one day I would like to actually meet in person. If that happens I will let you know. SW Utah seems to have everything worth hunting except pheasant ? Just looked it up and it does have pheasant and you are allowed 2 roasters per day. I am so impressed. Wyoming used to be my favourite state in the USA. Might have to rethink that.

Cheers
    Pete

3. Rogan Kinnear

Rogan Kinnear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Nice! Sounds great

Foxhunter223 likes this.
  4. Trout Killer

Trout Killer Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    My friend in Surfers Paradise is a expatriate Californian married to a local gal since 1986. They run a couple of barber shops. We (my girl at the time) hit the North end of Park beach and Little Diggers beach. About 6 foot and nice. Spent that night in Byron Bay and woke up to a solid 8 foot swell peeling perfection off the point. Nice long rides with an open tube to shade me from the morning sun. Some of the longest rides I ever experienced at the time. Most memorable.

You need to pay us a visit and experience real American hospitality and our great outdoors. When I get to Utah I'd be more than happy to host you for a visit and accompany you for a good hunt or angling session. Do not hesitate to ask your American friends for accommodations. Contrary to the fake news, we are a generous bunch more than eager to show off our country and host a visitor with similar interest. The real America lays inland from the snobby coastal areas.

Foxhunter223 likes this.
  5. Foxhunter223

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    We used to live just a few hundred yards from North Park Beach. So you went to Little Diggers (snigger, snigger) I won't let on what Little Diggers is famous for !!!!

I am well aware of American hospitality, both the blokes I have become friends with over there have invited me many times. Jack the one who lives in MD has been here to my place and I took him on a trip to a 5000 acre farm. He thoroughly enjoyed himself. My wife has a friend in Washington State and her and her husband are very keen hunters and have invited us over as well. Our biggest hurdle is getting some one to look after our three Springer Spaniels while we are away. Being empty nesters we have replaced our human children with canine kids. So to be clear if I get the opportunity I will get to the USA at some stage.

Cheers
    Pete

Trout Killer likes this.
  6. Trout Killer

Trout Killer Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    We found out what Diggers is all about the moment we reached the sand. LOL
    Some of the scenery was pretty good while other scenery was awful. The surf was good though.

Foxhunter223 likes this.
  7. Foxhunter223

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    I have never been on a surf board, when I was transferred to Coffs I was in my mid 40's, which was the first time I have ever lived near the ocean. I did get into boogie boards though and was surprised at how fit you get with one of those. I've not been to Little Diggers but have been to Diggers a few times. As you say good waves.

Pete

Trout Killer likes this.