Compatible stocks

Discussion in 'Sako Medium Actions' started by Rogan Kinnear, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Rogan Kinnear

Rogan Kinnear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Please excuse me if this has been answered or documented somewhere, but I am interested in acquiring a 'backup' stock for my well used L579. Is there a list of compatible stocks for rifles or is it a bit hit and miss because of how factory worked?

I love the original Sako stocks and whilst I like transparency and don't want to upgrade my stock to a deluxe model, I found that they are more readily available.

Any direction on what stocks may drop in and be accurate would be greatly appreciated. I can get gunsmith to work on it but most good smiths are between 6 - 8 hours away and id like to check their work. It would be handy to just drop it in should my current stock fail.

As stated it's a L579 in 308 serial number range 913 - - with NO Bofors stamp. I believe this makes it a 1970 year of production? Screenshot_20200703-095742_Gallery.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2020

2. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Finding an L579 stock that has not been modified or that is in good shape is going to be very difficult. Forget Boyds as the fit is terrible (and I believe that they discontinued production on that model).

rick

Rogan Kinnear likes this.
  3. Rogan Kinnear

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Cheers Rick

4. Foxhunter223

Foxhunter223 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Rogan Kinnear likes this.
  5. Rogan Kinnear

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Thanks, Pete, if I can keep it original I will but I'll a gander. Appreciated! I may have to go down this line one day. I didn't realise they were in Australia! Bloody handy to have on home ground.