• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Coltsman 223

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

I own the same model in .308. Nobody is sure if it has a Sako barrel or not. That's kind of the problem with Coltsmans. I THINK it is a Forester, made in Finland with a slightly longer barrel crowned to American tastes. This particular variant of Coltsman appears to be the "most Sako" of all the Coltsmans. Note the sights. I don't think Hi Standard or Harrington and Richardson went to the trouble of putting Sako sights on. There's a bit of consensus around here on this point, but I don't think anybody's proved anything as such. Great gun. Beautiful rifle, actually. Value seems to top out at maybe 8-900.00. People ask over a grand, but I don't think they get.

The thing that bothers me about these rifles is this question...why didn't Colt furnish their own barrels? I contacted one of Colt's Archive reps yesterday about getting some history and facts on the Coltsman rifles. The gentleman said they did have info in the data base on that model and for $75 he could send me a certificate which would tell how many rifles including mine (by ser#) were shipped and to whom/where. The process takes up to 120 days and your C-card would not be charge until your case was actually worked up...I did not go for it....maybe later...The rifle shown in Woodmans link has just about maxed out in price IMHO...Bloo

Last edited:
Bloo's Coltsman Deluxe .222 has a barrel marked "Bofors Steel", so there is no doubt that it is Sako.

(Twenty minutes too late! Grumble, grumble, grumble:second:)

It has a three day inspection. What have you to lose? Bloos colt . . . sure shoots great. He is the first guy to post a target from a Colt/Sako.

I thought that Sako dumped their rejects onto Colt. But now I'm a believer. But I'm still 100% true blue a Sako collector . . . the only Colt that I owned was a pistol.

Guys...Bromley's still has a Sako Deluxe Special listed on GA...Its priced at $1249, but it has been listed for well over a year...One could try to barter the price down some. It is an L579 in .243 but it is nice rifle with bottom metal engraving, and is a round top...just sayin'-Bloo

i have the same rifle in 223. the markings look to be the same as my other sakos. i wouldnt worry about it. it will outshoot my other heavy barrel 461s. it is the most accurate sako i have...

Latest posts

Back