Colorado Sako

Discussion in 'Show us your Sako' started by bigcountry4me, Aug 5, 2021.

1. bigcountry4me

bigcountry4me Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    So we took off for a road trip about 10 days ago for some r&r and to visit my son in a Denver suburb. The trip took us through Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado and Utah. The monsoon rains were nearly every where we traveled.

I took some additional cash in case I found a good buy on a Sako somewhere along the way. Unfortunately Sakos were pretty few and far between. Oh, I found a few but most were overpriced or customized. No deluxe rifles or anything in a smaller caliber.

However I did find a minty standard L579 in .243, in Lone Tree Co. Ironically, I bought one very similar locally about a month ago. The picture with the price tag and a shot showing the general condition was sent my wife. She was clothes shopping somewhere else in the store I simply stated “what do you think? She sent back, “ if you don’t buy it then I will. Okay then …. I had to justify a third standard.243, but it didn’t take long based on the package and condition. Furthermore, I negotiated another 5% off the tag. I planned on having any rifle purchased to be shipped to my FFL, but I was able to walk out in about 30 minutes. I learned some states are okay releasing long guns, but this does not apply in all states.

I suppose it allows some flexibility regarding some of the other L579’s in our collection. Perhaps, I can build a 6.5 CM or just have back up parts in case, or whatever. Please have a look.

Attached Files:

2. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Another 5% off with no shipping and scope, I'd say you did real well. Bofors to boot.

bigcountry4me likes this.
  3. kevinlg

kevinlg Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Nice rifle BigC.....

But....is the trigger missing the over-travel screw?

If so.....it's an easy fix.

4. bigcountry4me

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Kevinig,

100% correct…..and I forgot to mention it, thankfully it’s already been addressed. The rifle also had a trigger shoe, which I also failed to mention. (not sure I understand the thought process) Fortunately, I have a bone yard of sorts. Thanks

5. sakojim

sakojim Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Perhaps, I can build a 6.5 CM or just have back up parts in case, or whatever. Please have a look.

bigcountry4me.
    Considering the age, condition and price for that lovely rifle, I felt very happy for you until I read the last sentence. I hope you were joking. Sakojim.

Unclekax likes this.
  6. bigcountry4me

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Heaven forbid - No don’t worry Sakojim, I wouldn’t butcher up a rifle such as this one. That would be distasteful and reckless. I have other choices which could be used as a potential donor rifle, or a couple of bare actions which were collected then saved for parts. Simply put, it just adds a higher degree of flexibility. Thanks

Last edited: Aug 6, 2021
  7. dustinga

dustinga Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Georgia
    Very nice.

bigcountry4me likes this.