• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako Changes to come

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

L61R

SCC President
SCC Board Member
To all members!

We are slowly working our way to launch the new site and you will start seeing few changes from now.

We will merge a couple of sub-forums to streamline the new site but to help you find stuff we are implementing a few new features.

First out is the prefixes. We will apply a prefix to each of the old threads in all subforums. For example, in the Sako Ammunition subforum, there is now a blue box saying Sako Ammunition. This will help you when you are searching for info hidden inside the forum. You will have the option to add a prefix later on, and that will also be from a pre-set list. Like the Sako in from of Changes to come, in this thread.

(The Sako Ammunition subform will remain after we do the big move but you will see this type of prefix in front of all threads in a little while.

Then we will implement Tags, we have had this feature for a while but haven´t promoted it. This feature will also help us build a structure inside the forum and you will be able to search for tags.

It works like this, when starting a thread you will be able to set a number of tags, most likely five as a maximum, to each thread from a pre-set list of tags. For instance, you have a question about a Sako L46 7x33 with a Mannlicher stock. You will then be able to set up tags like L46, 7x33, Mannlicher or whatever you want to discuss. This also helps when searching for information. We will set tags for older threads when we can but older threads will always have a prefix.

In a while we will starts merging subforums but we will give you a heads up before we do.

Before I sign off, I would like to give you a tip, when discussing things in a thread you might want a second opinion from another member or you may want to give them a heads up or similar. Then you can "ping" other members with using an @ in front of their username, like this @L61R . I will then receive a notice when I sign in, if I have notes activated in my profile. Use this feature with caution and please do not ping people just for fun.

One last thing, from now on , it is absolutely not okay to use your personal name as a username, and it is not allowed to post ANY personal information like phone numbers, email addresses or home addresses or other, publicly on the forum. This type of information is sensitive and we can not allow this due to various legislation and it is also considered common sense not to post such info online. We can not be held responsible should anyone violate this!
Use the PM (Discussions) features instead, they are encrypted so no-one can read what you post there.

More changes to come!!:)

Jim D Staf
President
Sako Collectors Club

Hi Jim all sounds great. But would you kindly have our webmaster fix the ongoing problem with the Recent Activity List before (and I can't stress this enough, before) implementing any of the changes you are talking about.

Many Thanks

rick

Hi Jim all sounds great. But would you kindly have our webmaster fix the ongoing problem with the Recent Activity List before (and I can't stress this enough, before) implementing any of the changes you are talking about.

Many Thanks

rick

We are looking in to this but can’t find the bug? But we’ll get there!!

Jim

Many Thanks

rick
Hi Rick,

I'll appreciate if you can provide more details about the issue. I'm not aware of any atm.

That is up to Jim. We experienced hands, know that the thing is broken and that it broke was fixed and now it is broken again. I have at least four threads to start but am holding off until this bug gets fixed.

rick

That is up to Jim. We experienced hands, know that the thing is broken and that it broke was fixed and now it is broken again. I have at least four threads to start but am holding off until this bug gets fixed.

rick

@ricksengines can you please let us know exactly what happens when you check Recent Activities? Preferably with a screen shot if possible. And let us know what type of computer, tablet or smart phone you use.

And are anyone else experiencing issues with the Recent Activities widget? We fixed an issue with it some time ago and it all looks fine on my iphone and macbook air, all on the latest OS. Our internet guru Todo10 can’t find anything wrong either?

Just let us know as soon as possible so we can fix this!

Jim

If I post a comment to an existing thread the comment posts but my avatar thread never appear on the list. If our web master cant figure it out he is way too close to the problem.

'rick

@ricksengines and all!

We have solved the Recent Activities issue now so we hope it’ll work just fine until we change to our new design, address and name.

We will upgrade to the latest forum software in a very near future and use a Recent Post widget which is an inbuilt feature in xenforo 2.0 and not a third party solution like we have today.

Cheers!

Jim

Hi Jim

Yepper. I noticed the RAL expanded abruptly and suspected that you were able to resolve the dang problem. Many Thanks as that is an important source of info and progress for all of us Sako nuts.

Best Regards

rick

Hi Jim

Hold on thar pardner! Your thread Changes to Come should have appeared in the RIA list when you posted to me and the members. My post to you should have appeared in the RIA list but it didn't. I waited several minutes to see if this was just a timing issue but nothing populated to the list. Sorry about that chief but something still appears to be amiss.. Also I just noticed that the ID's members on the currently on the site the bottom of the RIA list is gone now.

I'm not trying to be a trouble maker. Just thought I would mention the problems to help yall find and fixem.

rick

Thanks Rick!

I noticed it too but we will not do anything about it until we move. That widget is a third party widget and it is unclear why it doesn’t do what it is supposed to.

But when we move and upgrade soon we’ll be using the latest upgrade to Xenforo and it will be better then.

Thanks for pointing it out to us!

Jim

Back