Cancelling a reply?

Discussion in 'Forum FAQ' started by icebear, Aug 2, 2019.

1. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    How do I clear the text box if I start a reply and then decide not to post? I just typed a few words into a reply box, decided it was a lousy idea, and there was no apparent way to cancel the reply. The text appears, grayed out, any time I come back to that page. It is not visible to anyone else (I logged out to check that). I tried simply deleting all the text, or replacing it with just an x, but it came back when I returned to the page. Anyone know how to make it go away?

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Simply hold down your left click as you scroll across the text to highlight it, then when it is all highlighted hit either your backspace or delete key.

Of course, I never need to use this feature due to never making mistakes. Someone just told me about it or otherwise I'd have no idea how to do it.:rolleyes:

3. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    That is exactly what I did to delete the text but it keeps coming back when I return to the page. I just checked and it still reappears after I delete it. It does not get posted but it's annoying that it is there every time I go to the thread.

I suppose I could overwrite the text with a couple of x's, post it, and then delete but it seems like there should be an option to cancel a draft post.