Can we discuss Tikka rifles here?

Discussion in 'Valmet and Tikka' started by Guest, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Guest

Guest Banned

I know that modern Tikka's are the little brothers of Sako's, but I don't see much if anything, about Tikka rifles on this site. I just bought a Tikka 595 Whitetail Hunter in .223 Remington, and am really looking forward to receiving it.

Is there any interst in Tikka's here, or perhaps on another website?

2. deergoose

deergoose Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    The founders of this website intended its use for Sako and Tikka collectors. So, yes, we can talk about Tikka rifles, and any other guns built by the Finns. I'm not familiar with the new Tikkas at all, but do know about and own some of the older model 65s (LSA-65s) imported under the Ithaca brand name. These rifles are excellent shooters with excellent quality.

DeerGoose

3. Guest

Guest Banned

My Tikka came in yesterday and while it lacks the beauty of my Sako L579, it's a very nice rifle considering what I paid for it. I can't wait to shoot it and hope that it lives up to expectations regarding accuracy.

I'm not familiar with Tikka's, especially the older models, but this is a model 595, which has been discontinued, or at least is no longer imported by Beretta. The new T3 model replaced it and I don't know what the differences are between the two. Are the T3's better or worse than the 595/695 series?

I was also shocked to learn that the plastic magazine for a Tikka 595 is selling for $85.00 or more on eBay. There should be a law against that. That's a 1/4th of the price I paid for the whole rifle.

The target version of the 595 gets rave reviews. Does anyone know where I might be able to find the target stock?

4. Guest

Guest Banned

Can't see much difference in quality between older Tikkas and T3. Good working rifles. Old Tikkakoski made (not Sako) Tikkas were pure jewels worth in their weight in gold,but also Sako has until recently made good guns.

5. Guest

Guest Banned