Can anyone tell me what model Sako this is?

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by Robertsd, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Robertsd

Robertsd Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wisconsin
    I have this pile of sako parts that I got, but I can't seem to figure out what model it is. Any help?
    IMG_5043.jpg IMG_5044.jpg IMG_5045.jpg IMG_5046.jpg

2. Branxhunter

Branxhunter Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    It looks like either a Model 75 or Model 85. I'm not sure how the action lengths in these model were designated but based on the bolt length and chambering it would be the longest action length they came in.

If you compare the photo of the bolt head with other photos on-line you may work it out. Alternatively someone here familiar with these models might be able to tell you in a snap.

Marcus

3. barreltwister

barreltwister Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    Model 75, and being a 375 it will be largest receiver. The V, I believe they called it. Not to be confused with the AV.

No receiver ?

4. Robertsd

Robertsd Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wisconsin
    Thank you. I was thinking it was a 75. And correct. I got it without the receiver from a company that parts them out before destroying them. Any clue where I could get one?

5. Robertsd

Robertsd Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wisconsin
    Thank you. I was thinking it was a 75.

6. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    You would be much better off, monetarily, to sell off the individual parts to those you need them & putting that money towards the purchase of a complete rifle. Finding a bare receiver will be next to impossible. Even if by some miracle you did, it's cost plus the cost to fit the barrel & headspace the bolt would be more than you could ever recoup. You bought PARTS!!! Not a rifle. Trying to make it a rifle would not be a wise choice & very difficult. That's why the company you bought them from had them for sale! Just my two cents.