Can anyone ID these scope rings?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sako parts' started by icebear, Oct 28, 2018.

1. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    I got these 26mm rings attached to an FN-Sako with Sako dovetail adapters. They appear to be high quality Sako copies with one curious feature - the windage adjustment on the left side is secured with a clamp screw instead of click stops. Otherwise they are nearly identical to real Sako rings. Quality is maybe a little less than Sako originals but not down with the notorious Spanish rings with the hinged tops.

I am wondering if they could even be very early Sako rings that might have been made for a short period before the familiar ones with the click-stopped windage adjustment. Especially since the rifle and the scope are old and seem to have been together for a long time. On the other hand, they are not marked Sako, or anything else, so that suggests they are an aftermarket copy.

I got the rings exactly as you see them here, mounted to the .30-06 FN-Sako with a 26mm B.Nickel-Marburg 2.5-6x scope. Anybody have any ideas who made them, when, and where?

06 Scope Left.JPG 06 Scope Right.JPG

2. karm

karm Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    sako rings

Tony Norfolk likes this.
  3. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Sako MED Rings

4. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    OK guys, what makes you sure those are factory Sako rings? Where and when have you seen any like them before? Are any reference photos available? Do you know when they were made, for how long, and whether they were officially exported to the US? In 25 years of Sako collecting this is the only pair of rings I have ever seen with lock screws instead of click stops on the windage adjustment, and and not marked Sako and/or Finland. More information please!

5. Tony Norfolk

Tony Norfolk Member

Country Flag:
    England
    State/Region:
    UK England
    I have recently bought two Sako rifles chambered in .222 in UK. I have an A1 and a L461 Vixen. They both have the same sized dovetailed mounts, I am looking for 2 sets of scope mounts. Does anyone have any suggestions where I should go. Arms Restoration Services in Colchester UK suggested I try RECKNAGEL GmbH & Co. KG. does anyone have any other suggestions please.