Can anyone ID these scope rings?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Sako parts' started by icebear, Oct 28, 2018.

1. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    I got these 26mm rings attached to an FN-Sako with Sako dovetail adapters. They appear to be high quality Sako copies with one curious feature - the windage adjustment on the left side is secured with a clamp screw instead of click stops. Otherwise they are nearly identical to real Sako rings. Quality is maybe a little less than Sako originals but not down with the notorious Spanish rings with the hinged tops.

I am wondering if they could even be very early Sako rings that might have been made for a short period before the familiar ones with the click-stopped windage adjustment. Especially since the rifle and the scope are old and seem to have been together for a long time. On the other hand, they are not marked Sako, or anything else, so that suggests they are an aftermarket copy.

I got the rings exactly as you see them here, mounted to the .30-06 FN-Sako with a 26mm B.Nickel-Marburg 2.5-6x scope. Anybody have any ideas who made them, when, and where?

06 Scope Left.JPG 06 Scope Right.JPG