Bolt Stop Not Working or Other?

Discussion in 'Sako Medium Actions' started by Jaywalker, May 7, 2019.

1. Jaywalker

Jaywalker Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    The bolt stop on my L579 isn't working or I'm doing something wrong. When I work the bolt as if I'm trying to chamber the next round, the bolt comes completely out of the action.

The bolt stop appears functional - the button on the side does retract the "finger" inside the action raceway. However, replacing the bolt no longer requires me to press the bolt lock button.

Is something broken or am I doing something wrong? Feel free to suggest, "Did you remember to..." because I probably didn't.

2. kevinlg

kevinlg Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    The last time something like this was on this board.......the bolt guide rod had been rotated to the receiver's left boltway, instead of the right boltway.

Possible???

deergoose likes this.
  3. Jaywalker

Jaywalker Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Absolutely. That was it - fixed now. Thanks!

deergoose likes this.
  4. deergoose

deergoose Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    ...yep. Has happened to me several times. I also had a bolt stop spring break on me. those things are impossible to find but I managed to get one and install it. Worked well.

glad you're back in service.
    DeerGoose

5. Foxhunter223

Foxhunter223 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    I made several of those bolt stop springs some years ago and sent the last one to someone in the USA, Cannot remember who or if he even used it. But they work in my Sakos so can only imagine it worked in his.
    Pete

deergoose likes this.