Bofors Deluxe .243 Winchester

Discussion in 'Sako Medium Actions' started by Sean Hodges, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Typically this time of year I’m hunting somewhere in the west, rather than recovering from knee replacement surgery. This is also why my posts are more frequent.

I did get to hunt in September and much of October, but had to cancel a couple of late hunts. Oh well, better luck next season.

Today I ventured out after two and a half weeks of being stuck in the house. I went to Cabela’s and thought I’d share photos of a Bofors Deluxe .243 in the library for sale. It has one of the lesser seen floor plates. Other than the replacement pad this rifle is as clean as they come. It has a B&L 2.5-8 w. the adj. mount. The scope has some finish rubbed off around the corners of the objective lense. They are asking $1499. but I know this is most likely negotiable. I already own a Deluxe.243, but I thought other might be interested if they didn’t have a Deluxe in this caliber.

Attached Files:

2. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Nice looking rifle but that B&L with the Kuharsky mount set up doesn't add much value. The one I have is an 8A with the tapered cross hairs which I like. Very clear and bright but not a dawn or dusk scope. Mounts are on fleebay for $39.99.

Sean Hodges likes this.
  3. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    I agree not too much value in the optic and mount. What maybe $100.00 +\- ? Overall the package is probably a bit over priced, but feel it could be negotiated down 10-15%.

4. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    "Single Whitetail" floorplate along with half-moon magazine release. It's an early one and looks in very good condition. Maybe the "asking" price is just that, but it is still worth a healthy sum.

By the way, I think our good member kirk from Montana likes the old B&L scopes and uses several of them. Their optics are excellent.

Sean Hodges likes this.
  5. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Cabela's negotiable? Maybe, but from my experience with them the most I have seen is $50.00.

Is the replacement pad the correct Sako pad?

6. Sean Hodges

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Hi Rocky,

The replacement pad is not correct, but it is well executed regarding fit. My experience with this particular Cabela’s location is, after 45-60 days in the library, staff will consider reasonable offers. I’ve bought several firearms this way, most often at 10-15% off, sometimes slightly more. This rifle meets the criteria.