• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Bigfoot: Sako P57R

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Interesting little bit of history.
Would be cool if anyone figures out the story behind them, but it is possible it may be lost to time.
I agree with others that it looks like a standard P54 and only the barrel is the different part (and stock too).

I will post some more pictures tomorrow when I get to it. I have a P54 and an Ilves that I can compare it to as well and I'll try and focus on any differences that I notice.

I could be mistaken but I feel like the barrel was even thicker on this one than the other P54 heavy barrel I've seen.

And here I was thinking I was the only person in the USA that had a Ilves!
(assuming you are in the USA)
Would love to see some pictures of yours.
Here is mine:

Also, putting 1 and 2 together, are you the same redrocktp that is on gunbroker selling all the finns?

Here is mine:

Also, putting 1 and 2 together, are you the same redrocktp that is on gunbroker selling all the finns?
I used to live in the US, but I moved back to Finland last year. So my Ilves is still here in the Fatherland.

Yes you guessed correctly, Red Rock Trading Post (redrocktp) is our family business. I used to run the US side of things while I lived there but I let my little brother take over while I focused on studying and moving my family overseas. I was the one who started this operation of "rescuing" our precious rimfires and other outcasts and bringing them over to a more loving and caring fanbase.

Here is mine:

I posted some pics of my Ilves on a new thread so I wouldn't overcrowd this one.
https://sakocollectors.com/forum/threads/my-little-litter-of-rescues.19093/

Back