Bell's Home & Auto in Hamlin, Texas

Discussion in 'Heads Up!' started by L61R, Dec 14, 2012.

1. L61R

L61R SCC President Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    All!

While visiting Texas, I took the time to visit this little store in Hamlin, TX. If you are looking for good honest people who provide excellent service this is the place!

And the Sako inventory is second to none! I saw several L46's, L57's, a GA and lots of other models. All in very good condition and above.

I would never hesitate to purchase anything from them. Phone number on banner on top of page.

Give them a call!

Jim

2. arthur36

arthur36 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Hampshire
    Jim,
    Did you take any photo's when you were at Rodger Bell's shop? Having just bought a rifle from Mr. Bell, I'd love to see the place, but I don't think I'll ever get there.
    I must agree, friendly, knowledgeable people there. When we spoke on the telephone, it was as if Mr. Bell was reading my mind, he answered my questions before I could ask them. He could not have made the transaction easier.

3. manager131

manager131 SCC Manager SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Thanks for the kind words, guys! And I hope you're happy with your purchase, Arthur. We're just a small town store and try to treat our customers right. Here are a few photos that my wife took of the store and me at my desk (paperwork!)

By the way, we've just gotten in a nice L61R heavy barrel in .25-06! Give me a call if you're interested. Find my contact info at www.sakosource.com

Hamlin_Texas (1128x879).jpg We've been here in the same location since 1965!

DSCN1358.JPG DSCN1359.JPG

DSCN1357.JPG
    DSCN1363.JPG
    IMG_5763.JPG DSCN1364.JPG

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    Branxhunter and topgear like this.
  4. arthur36

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Hampshire
    Thank you for sharing the photo's Sir.
    I am extremely pleased with the rifle. I took deliver this past Saturday. On Sunday I took it to the range so we could get acquainted . I just can't understand why my shoulder is sore today. ;)

5. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Hey! It's kinda fun to see which rifles you can identify in Rodger's gun racks.

In the first photo I see (left to right) an L579, a Golden Anniversary, a Winslow (with its unmistakable knight inlay) and an L46.

In the second photo that looks like four new Henry rifles, a Marlin lever, then an L61R Sako. Is that an H&R-Sako next to it? And a Brno or something similar? Next I see another L46, a custom stocked (?) Sako, an A-series with the "herringbone" checkering, a Model 75, and then a Sako Deluxe with pre-Garcia fixed swivels. Looks like several more Sakos beyond the Deluxe, with two TRGs's on down the line.

In the third gun photo I see (right to left this time) a Sako Mannlicher, some kind of Sako with what looks like a threaded muzzle protector, a Sako long action Heavy Barrel of some kind, another pre-Garcia Finnbear next to a Finnbear with sling studs. Several more Sakos continuing down the line, plus a Sako Deluxe stock, right? Just too many to identify.

A Sako lover's oasis! Thanks for the pictures!

6. arthur36

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Hampshire
    Kinda like "wheres Waldo" for Sako nuts.
    Love the hardwood floors and tin ceiling!

The .25-06 is tempting, but I think next on the list is something light, like a Vixen or something similar.

7. topgear

topgear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Some very nice looking rifles and also whitetail, pronghorn mounts as well! If only our dollar was better!

8. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    TG: Your dollar is just fine. Just remember to bring more of them when you come! Besides, Rodger is always willing to cut some slack for a good customer whose circumstances (spelled e-x-c-h-a-n-g-e r-a-t-e) are challenging.

9. topgear

topgear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Rodger just needs to find me a nice L46 .218 bee and I'll find a way to make the exchange rate work!

Jennifer1990 likes this.
  10. pk1

pk1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    II have to say, if you're looking for a Sako or maybe looking to sell a Sako and you're not dealing with Roger you may as well be walking backwards.

My health has taken a serious nosedive and my doctors tell me my time is limited. I called Roger and he decided to buy my Sako's. I bought one several years ago and when he advertised the particular model I really wanted we made a trade of guns and some cash and I got what I was looking for.

I can say without hesitation that I'm very pleased with all of the transactions.

11. sws1213

sws1213 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I agree totally. I have had several dealings with Roger over the course of the last 5 or 6 years, both buying from and consigning with, and have been well pleased with every transaction.

12. dartem

dartem Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Massachusetts
    I just arranged a purchase from Rodger and found him to be most accommodating in helping me choose a rifle to buy. He answered all my
    questions and even emailed pictures so I could make an informed choice. I look forward to talking and dealing with him again...soon!
    Regards, Mike

13. Bowne1

Bowne1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Massachusetts
    Mike, I have purchased several Sako rifles from Rodger over the past few years. I have also visited him in Hamlin,Texas a few years ago and had a nice lunch with Rodger and his bride. Don’t think twice about dealing with him, you will be very pleased. David