Bedding an M995

Discussion in 'Sako TRGs' started by Lachjones, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Lachjones

Lachjones Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Gday,
    I recently bought an M995 in 270 with little work after some great advice on this forum and love it! My first shots with it showed me just how accurate these things are but also showed me it’s got a problem which I think to be the factory synthetic stock being too soft and touching the barrel and action giving me fliers. Has anyone bedded their stock with plastic epoxy and/or stiffened the forend up to eliminate these fliers? Or have people bitten the bullet and put new stocks on their rifles?
    Cheers

2. Southern Lights

Southern Lights Member

Country Flag:
    New Zealand
    State/Region:
    other
    I have a Sako M995 in 6.5 Swede. The stock clears the barrel fully and is not flexing that I can tell. Are you using a bipod and putting a lot of forward pressure on it?

Another thing is when you disassemble the TRG action from the stock and put it together again it's important to pay attention to seating the recoil lug. Basically, the lug is in the stock and fits into a slot into the bottom of the action. When you assemble the rifle, put the butt stock on the bench, then pull the action downwards towards the rear when tightening the action screws. This will ensure the lug is secure and won't shift under recoil.

Otherwise I shoot the TRG-22 in 308/260, TRG-42 in 338LM, and TRG-S in 6.5 Swede and they are all outstanding accuracy and require no bedding or other modifications to the stock.