• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

av transition guns

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

br1111

hello, if I remember correctly a I once looked at an av hunter rifle with 800 thousand range serial number. I know these were right before the l691 action rifles. didn't these have the tikka trigger? if so do they mount the same as the new tikka triggers? thanks

The "new trigger mechanism attachment prototype series" was introduced in 1990. The 800,000 range serial numbers started in 1991 (last year of production). So I'd say it's safe to assume AV's with 800,000 serial numbers had the "Tikka" trigger. I have no experience with the "new Tikka triggers", so can't help you there.

Sako refers this trigger as the M90. It's not a "Tikka trigger" as Sako did not join up with Tikka until about '83. This same basic trigger is used in the current Tikka as well as the Sako 75 and 85 with the bolt release added.

https://www.sako.fi/sako-history
If the M90 trigger was introduced in 1990, how does Sako & Tikka "joining up" in 1983 exclude it from being a "Tikka" trigger? The M90 trigger looks the same as the trigger on a M558 Tikka from the late 80's I used to own. I believe the M558/658 Tikkas were the first model introduced after Sako & Tikka "joined up" & replaced the LSA 55/65 Tikkas.

Back