AV synthetic stock pad change

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks for gunsmithing your own Sako' started by orchemo, May 3, 2018.

1. orchemo

orchemo Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    I recently purchased a AV in 338 WM with a black synthetic stock. I assume it is one of the fiberglass stocks from McMillian. Very nice stainless rifle. Black recoil pad with a spacer. The black pad is.....like a rock.

From what I have read, would the pad be glued to the spacer? Apply a little heat and cut off spacer? I am comfortable grinding a new pad, it just need to remove the old first

Thanks for the feedback

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I would ask McMillian how they installed it & if they can recommend best way to remove.

3. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    Please share what they tell you, we will appreciate the increase in our k owledge.

I have two AV Hunter McMillan stocks myself. One for a .338 I recently purchased that I haven't gotten around to shooting yet. I need to rectify that soon. (As well as try out my 22 PPC.) Weather has finally turned nice.