AV deluxe

Discussion in 'Show us all your beautiful Sakos!' started by Emd, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Emd

Emd Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario
    EF447F47-5974-406B-9CD0-50875EA7B83E.jpeg 69E220B0-FA3F-4179-9360-5BBF73AB3473.jpeg 58EBE1C8-6F6E-4E2E-9566-47E770F7B684.jpeg I gave this beauty a new home yesterday. 7mm AV deluxe. I’ll have to upgrade the optics but having the rings is a bonus. Believe it to be an earlier AV before they started making changes to stock, trigger, barrel length, trigger gaurd etc. Bolt matches the receiver and condition seems great to me. It doesn’t appear to have seen many rounds through it which is nice for this caliber. Thanks to everybody on this site that contributes to helping guys like me learn about these pieces before buying. A wealth of knowledge floats around here for sure. I hope I learned enough from you all to make this a good buy!?! Thought and opinions are always welcomed and appreciated. Though I don’t post on here very often, I sure spend a lot of time reading the great things you all have to say.
    Eric

2. ricksengines

ricksengines Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Florida
    Hi EMD. Great rifle. Super pics. Many thanks for sharing.

rick

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I'm not sure where Sako sourced their wood during the period of the early A-V's like yours, but quite a few of the stocks exhibited that beautiful fiddleback. Here's a photo of my A-I Deluxe from that era. I've had people swear that the stock must be curly maple, but if you look "below" the fiddleback you can see the regular grain of the walnut. I'm sure you're as proud of your new A-V as I am of this one.

DSC08192A (1024x451).jpg

4. Emd

Emd Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA Ontario
    Yes. Pretty wood makes me happy!!! Can’t wait to go work up some loads for it!

5. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    Yes, nothing like a pretty stock. I picked this beauty up at a gun show yesterday in 257 WBY. I think I am going to sell it though...

DSCN4252.JPG DSCN4253.JPG DSCN4254.JPG