Article In Handloader Magazine On 222 Magnum

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by kirkbridgershooters, Nov 25, 2019.

1. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    It took several months to get this article done. It was interesting, although I am stuck in the past with old powder for this fine varmint round. I still use H335 and as the article states, I was surprised at the low velocities achieved with that powder and 40 grain bullets as we chronographed them with Mike’s Oehler chronograph.

The Sako won the accuracy award, as it did shoot better than the Remington. If you like the 222 Remington Magnum, you will appreciate this article...

79F42BB1-6C49-455F-9FFD-7975E7E68A19.jpeg A8BBA7C1-33E0-47F0-BDFD-F632F9C55ADF.jpeg DF0EC774-ADE6-4BDD-A30B-CEA9C90B8F12.jpeg

icebear, Rocky, piper235b and 3 others like this.

2. wombat

wombat Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Hello Kirk, I will try to get a copy over here? I don’t think that Mag. Is available here. Will to get one sent over or a subscription?
    As I have a 222Rem Mag (L461 HB) and am always looking for more info on the reloading for the rifle. I currently load a 50 gn sp., using AR2207 over here.
    Jay

3. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Looks like good reading. I'll have to get a copy.

Now when you go to sell that rifle you can ask for more because it was featured in a magazine, LOL!