• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Appropriate Rings

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Either the original Sako ringmounts or Leupold ringmounts(made to fit Sakos) that clamp directly to the tapered dovetails on the action. Lot of threads here discussing ringmounts & pictures if you just do a search. Put a "want to buy " ad in the Trade Corner section. Most members will have some extras they may part with. Leupold has them on their website, as well. With a Weaver 2.5x medium height will work. Lows may also work depending on how much bolt handle clearance you want.

Lows may also work depending on how much bolt handle clearance you want.
This is very important with the L46. This model was made over a span of 18 years and during that time the bolt handle shape changed several times. Early models (made before scope sights became so common) had bolt handles that required the scope to be somewhat higher in order to clear. Later models were made with handle shapes that allowed somewhat lower mounting. I'd suggest buying both a "low" and a "medium" set of Leupold ringmounts from a seller who will allow the return of whichever you do not use.

Another factor: Early L46's had their rear sights further rearward on the barrel. This could interfere with scope mounting. Sako eventually moved the rear sight location further forward to get out of the way of most scopes.

Forgot to mention Sakosource, one of our club sponsors, usually has Sako ringmounts available. Click on the Sakosource banner in the upper right of this page. It alternates with the Classic Arms Journal banner so give it a minute if you don't see it right away.

Latest posts

Back