Anyone own/use a NECG single set trigger?

Discussion in 'Sako Short Actions' started by Chris Anderson, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Chris Anderson

Chris Anderson Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah
    Fellow SSC forum members,

Dose anyone own (or used to own) a NECG single set trigger? If so was it any good?

I know they don't list their triggers as supporting Sako's but it looks like the Mauser and Sako triggers might be interchangeable, so I'm researching the possibilities.

Thanks
    ChrisA

2. icebear

icebear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    I'd suggest you call NECG and talk to their chief gunsmith about whether or not their Mauser trigger could be adapted to a Sako. I can't remember the guy's name off the top of my head, but I had a series of conversations and e-mail exchanges with him last year about an issue I was having involving EAW scope mounts, and he was extremely helpful, and one of the most knowledgeable gunsmiths I've ever talked to. He informed me that the EAW mount I described to him was, in fact, an Eastern European knockoff. I'm definitely glad I know that.

3. kj60

kj60 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Have used some their peep sights and worked real well for me. So very interested to see how the trigger query goes.

4. Chris Anderson

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah
    Thanks icebear.

I've emailed. We'll see what happens.

ChrisA

5. Chris Anderson

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah

kj60,

I'll keep you posted.

It would be great to find a quality, in stock, single set trigger for our Sako's, I think.

ChrisA

6. Chris Anderson

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Utah
    kj60,

Well I tried out the NECG single set Mauser trigger but it wouldn't fit without modifications. The housing on the NECG trigger is quite a bit longer than the sako trigger so you'd have to grind it off before you could get the pin in.

Everything else looked like it could fit but I didn't want to risk not being able to return the trigger so I didn't try.

Thanks