Another Deluxe head scratcher

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by bigcountry4me, Jan 15, 2021.

1. bigcountry4me

bigcountry4me Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Here’s another either uneducated or perhaps dishonest seller off Gunbroker. I’d be personally embarrassed to be this naive. You’d think with just a little research the seller would understand Deluxe vs custom. I realize we’ve seen stuff like this before but come-on-man

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/889198970

2. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    Sean, you just have to hold your nose & walk away. This stuff will never end. Funny how you don't see this kind of misrepresentation/ignorance as much with Brownings, Winchesters, & other makes. Even if you tell the seller he won't listen or will just get mad at you. Look how many new members here buy first & then ask for advice. We can't fix either.

Wayne and bigcountry4me like this.
  3. icebear

icebear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    The seller must have changed the description - the link goes to an ad describing a custom on a Sako action with an Apex match barrel in .22-250. Nothing deceptive there - if it was described as a Deluxe, he's fixed it. Nice piece of wood, but typical garish 60's style with a super-high cheekpiece and light-colored forend tip.

4. bigcountry4me

bigcountry4me Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    He changed it. The previous title was “Forester Deluxe Diamond“. The diamond must have been in reference to the diamond inlay in the grip. Someone must have made contact to square him away. At least he was willing. Take care.