Another Day And 3 More Guns And A Tractor

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by kirkbridgershooters, Aug 23, 2019.

1. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    This morning I took the Sako 223 Mannlicher, the 222 L46 and a Colt Sauer 22-250 out to shoot gophers.

There is nothing like shooting gophers for a couple hours, then taking the New Holland out to collect hay and stack it. Yee Haw, retirement is great...

thumbnail_IMG_7376.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7378.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7379.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7381.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7382.jpg

2. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Love the Sakos of course, but also love the Colt Sauer. Had a couple of larger center fires and traded them off when Cooper started building rifles. Would love to acquire one in a smaller caliber.

It looks like you lead a great great life, almost there myself. If you look at my cover photo the cabin in the foreground belongs to a friend. The Eagle Caps are in the background. Hopefully will build a cabin and shop close by soon, then be there full time.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  3. arthur36

arthur36 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Hampshire
    What is the implement on the red tractor in front of you used for? Giant bush hog?
    Nice Mannlicher by the way!

4. kirkbridgershooters

kirkbridgershooters Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Montana
    You could call it a bush hog, we call it a mower...

5. Hillcountry

Hillcountry Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Mississippi
    kirkbridgershooters,
    Thanks for the great post pics of SAKO's (beautiful rifles and good shootn' too) and giving us a view from your New Holland. While I'm not retired yet, like Sean Hodges, I'm working on it. We have started hay production on our property in MS this year and had our first cutting produced 54 round bale of texas tuff Bermuda hay. I also use a New Holland much smaller version :) What kind of hay are you producing and what size are your round bale?

Attached Files:

deergoose likes this.
  6. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    The gopher shoot sounds like fun; baling hay maybe not so much. I'm a little bit country but not THAT country! Anyway, everybody to his own idea of fun! I'm off to the range tomorrow morning to check scope zero and accuracy on a couple of Sakos, a couple of CZ's, and an AR that I built one day when I didn't have anything better to do.

Going to the range this time of year in Arizona is kind of a pain; you have to get up about 5:00 to get there when it opens at 7 and get your shooting in before the temp hits 100.

7. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    It's no picnic in Texas, either. My range is just 200 yards from my loading bench, but it takes a lot of will power (and tolerance of mirage) to do any shooting this time of year.

I am going prairie dog shooting at the end of the month. The long-range forecast is showing highs at our destination of 84 degrees, so that will be a welcome relief from weeks of 100+ days.