Finnwolf VL63 Another Broken Firing pin

Discussion in 'Sako Finnwolf VL63 lever actions' started by sako68, Mar 25, 2021.

1. sako68

sako68 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    Hello All,

I have reached out to Stoeger Canada already.

Well the pain is real and my firing pin is broken. I have read some of the earlier posts about this very sad topic and was wondering if anyone had been able to source parts? The fabrication route maybe the other option that I will have to explore, and once again has anyone gone this route with success in North America?

I was thinking about this and was wondering if Sako may be able to provide a manufacturing instructions for the fabrication of this part. I know some of the more senior members had built a relationship with Sako in Finland and maybe they would be willing to help us out with some insight on this matter. Just a thought, more of a desperate thought but still forward thinking.

Regards
    Gregg

2. marlin92

marlin92 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    So sorry to hear about that. Will be shocked if Stoeger can assist. I have (knock on wood) never broken one but looked at one at a gun show once that had a broken one, needless to say I passed on the gun.
    I sent you a PM.

3. sraaw

sraaw Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Sorry to hear that. Is it still in the rifle? Do you have a picture of the firing pin? I have what I understand to be a VL63 pin, so a picture would help to confirm if it is the same.

4. marlin92

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Here you go

Attached Files:

tripledeuce likes this.
  5. sako68

sako68 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA British Columbia
    Thanks for the photos Marlin92. Mine is in multiple pieces it is sad really.

6. sraaw

sraaw Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Marlin92,
    Thanks for posting the pictures as I have never been sure what I have is actually from a Finnwolf.
    20210326_215708.jpg
    I had several Finwolfs at one time and having heard they can be prone to breaking firing pins I jumped on this when it came up for sale just in case.
    This was not long after I disassembled a wolf I bought that arrived gummed up with old oil ect. Unfortunately I didn't take pics of the unassembled parts as reference, which I regret now, especially after swearing I'd never pull another one apart after it took around 24 hours and countless attempts before I got it operational again...

7. marlin92

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Pennsylvania
    Sraaw you are welcome