• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Short Actions Another 222 Riihimaki

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

ERP

Watching these threads on the older 222 Riihimaki reminded me I had one hiding away also.
Don't know how old it is, but that's not a problem for me. It's a great shooter although scope removed
for now. Ammo is just too much so I can wait. I do have some for emergency use though..
Serial number 420XX
Just how old is it fellow Sako collectors?
By the way. When I acquired this jewel they were only $450 and that was steep for used.
Did come with the rings though.
I like these little 222's as much as my 22-250's...

Attachments

• Sako222c.jpg
    Sako222c.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 78
  • Sako222f.jpg
    Sako222f.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 73
  • Sako222kf.jpg
    Sako222kf.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Sako222h.jpg
    Sako222h.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Sako222ku.jpg
    Sako222ku.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Sako222d.jpg
    Sako222d.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Sako222j.jpg
    Sako222j.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 64
  • Sako222hI.jpg
    Sako222hI.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Sako222aaa.jpg
    Sako222aaa.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Sako222bbb.jpg
    Sako222bbb.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Sako222ccc.jpg
    Sako222ccc.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 33
Based on the barrel stamping I would guess it was born soon after the intro of the 222 Rem, say very early 1950's, but with Sako you can never be sure. Our club has the factory records for the L46, so click on the Factory Records Service in the black bar at the top of this page & you can find out.

Thanks
I'll do that and find out the date hopefully.
I would guess it is now a curios and relic though...

Turns out this L46 was inspected and completed in 1959....Thanks Factory Records volunteers...

Back