Afternoon From Nebraska

Discussion in 'New members, please introduce yourselves here!' started by LarryBMG, Mar 30, 2020.

1. LarryBMG

LarryBMG Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Hello Everyone. I have been a Sako fan for quite a while. I have the .222 Magnum and the O'bien .17 Magnum.
    There is not a huge amount of information about the .17 Magnum out there. Thought this would be a great place to find information as well as like minded enthusiasts. Thanks,

2. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Welcome. I'm a .222 Magnum fan, as are several other forum members. We have several enthusiasts of the .17 Magnum and the O'Brien guns here - I'd suggest posting a picture of your rifle together with a request for info and I'm sure it will attract attention. And while you're at it, I and some others would like to see your .222 Magnum.

3. LarryBMG

LarryBMG Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Thanks Icebear for the Welcome. My .222 is the heavy Barrel Vixen. Straightest shooting Prairie dog rifle I own. The .17 Magnum would be awesome if I could find a set of Dies. I have yet to fire it due to the lack of Ammunition. Pictures attached per your request. Thanks again.
    Uncle Don.jpg .17 mag 2.jpg .17 mag.jpg

4. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Man, that O'Brien is fancy! Killer wood on the stock. The .222 Mag Vixen looks a lot like mine. I assume that Leupold is a 12x? That's what mine has, except that many years ago I had Leupold install a tapered crosshair/dot reticle and a target elevation turret. I also have two more .222 Magnum Sakos, both the older L469 model with detachable magazine. One is a sporter, the other a Mannlicher-style carbine.

L461-222MagHB-1.JPG L461-222MagHB-2.JPG

tripledeuce likes this.
  5. LarryBMG

LarryBMG Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Very Nice Sir, you are right about the 12x. I don't think I would ever update to a new production scope. this one is just fine. Both rifles Have the L461 Action.
    I don't have much experience with other Sakos at the moment.