• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

adjustable trigger question

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Good day,

Hope this is not a breach of protocol as I am using this forum for the first time. If I should be posting to another forum, please advise!

I have a custom Sako AII action varmint rifle with a lousy trigger. Some "authorites" tell me it is adjustable, other it is not. The last idiot used some version of Locktite and may have ruined the "adjustable" option.

Would someone(s) tell me your experiences with this action and trigger. Hope you're having a great day!

God Bless

badshotlal

Badshottal- Your trigger in factory original should be a number 4 Sako trigger. Locktite isn't the end of the world- just apply some heat with the action removed from the stock. The trigger is somewhat adjustable but will not get you below two+ pounds unless a smith takes over. Slam fires are common with a poorly adjusted sako- so proceed with caution.-Misako

Badshotta

Ditto what Misako said. You may try taking the trigger assembly off and allowing it to soak in finger nail polish remover overnight. I have used that technique to free up screws that were super glued as opposed to loctited.

John

badshotlal:
Be very careful when playing with a "custom" Sako that someone else has messed up the trigger on as Sakos don't come from the factory with "lousy" triggers. The #4 trigger is adjustable, to a point. If the previous owner hasn't screwed up the sear engagement (set @ the factory) you may be able to adjust things to your liking by adjusting the weight of pull & the overtravel if you understand the principals & workings of this trigger. Be aware that this trigger can become unsafe if adjusted to too light of a pull. Sako says to not go below around 3 lbs, but it varies from trigger to trigger. I have one @ 2.5 lbs & it is still functional & SAFE. Be careful as the safety mechanism can be made dysfunctional if you set the pull to low & slam fires can occur. If you don't have a good understanding of how this trigger functions & how to properly adjust it, consult a competent gunsmith who does. An improperly adjusted trigger can be a DANGEROUS thing! I have found that a trigger that breaks cleanly & crisply is as big a factor than what a trigger pull gauge says the pounds are.

Hello all,

Thanks so much for the informative replies. It's an unfortunate "war story", but I am the original owner of this rifle, so know it's history.

Can't find anybody in my area that has worked on a Sako, but did find three that made this such an ordeal. My "bad" believing those people!

Sooo, have bought a Timney, have uncovered another "smith" (I hope!), but will be a few weeks before he can work it in. Neither Timney, Brownells, or Sinclair know if this trigger will work in my AII. Will keep my fingers crossed.

Hope you all are enjoying the summer. We had no Spring here (Wichita. Ks.), just blast furnace heat and heavy winds. Come on September!!!

God Bless

badshotlal

The Timney is not a walk in the park with a Sako. You will have to remove some wood to fit the trigger and safety.

I have a few sako varmint models with the Timney. On one, the only things on it that are Sako is varmint stock and receiver/bolt. Everything else set up with aftermarket benchrest stuff. I inherited this rifle. The trigger is Timney, but it has been so refined, it should be patented under a different name. It is so so. The other Timney was just thrown in and no inletting was done to make a proper install, thus making the rifle gunsmith bound.

With this said, I have a really hard time justifying having a aftermarket trigger installed on any Sako earlier than the A series actions. I do not own any Sako that is made newer than an ASeries so I can not comment on those.

Sako triggers are really hard to beat physically and capability wise when refined by a reputable smith.

I have felt many Sako triggers that were just so sweet to feel, they all made me want to just sit and dry fire it because of just how refined they are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would like to say also that I received a L61r with the trigger in pieces. Once I assembled the trigger assembly, took few hours, it made sense! Everything was so right on the money, made me wonder why someone would want to reinvent a replacement trigger assembly for Sako rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Back