• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

A111

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

wombat

Hello to Forum members,
Just got onto an A111 in .270W, s/n 535 - - -.
Overall condition rated at 90% ....sub Moa, with reloads of 130gn. Hornady SP projectile over 53.5 gns of AR2209, that’s close to 4350 powder Stateside.
Have it fitted with a Leupold VX111 in 3.5-10x40.
Question I have is, it has a spacer at the front action screw, but not on the rear one, but has the alluminium tube spacer on the rear.
Does the “horse shoe shaped” spacer usually go on the rear action screw too??
Tx. Jay

Attachments

• 3C7937CE-8EE7-436E-82FF-EB70918ACE8B.jpeg
    3C7937CE-8EE7-436E-82FF-EB70918ACE8B.jpeg
    108.9 KB · Views: 23
Hi Jay, nice rifle and calibre. Do you plan on using it on Sambar? The shims are used to align the bottom metal with the stock so may be under either or both action screws if needed when they came from the Sako factory.
Lots of people dont know what they are for when they first take a Sako rifle apart.
If you need a few I had some laser cut several years ago so can send you a few in case you aquire a rifle that needs adjustment in the future. Pic attached.
A minutes rubbing on wet and dry sandpaper and they clean up nicely. Better than the old beer can alternative.
Chèers
Colin

Attachments

• 20210312_094648.jpg
    20210312_094648.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 25
Hi Sraaw,
Just been able to get back online on the forum, had some issues.
Thanks re info,
I might get a couple of those “shims” later on, I will pm you.
Yep, I will use it, and I have already taken a couple of Sambar Hinds.
I use reloads, 130 gn Hornady SP bullets, very effective, both at about 100-120 yard shots.
Jay

Back