• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

A1 Sako Vixen .222 ( round feed issue)

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Kehl

Hi guys,
I am the proud owner of an immaculate A1 Sako Vixen chambered in .222 beautiful little rifle, now my question is, has anyone had any issues with the rounds not transitioning from magazine to breach without some manipulation of bolt to get the end of round to jump over the lip. This happens 9 times out of 10 to me and wandering what I could do to rectify this is it just an issue with my particular ammunition or does it just need more use it’s barley had more yhan a 100 rounds through it. Any advice would be appreciated.
Cheers

I've never seen a problem with a Sako feeding properly from the magazine, but my guess would be a problem with the magazine spring. Check to see if its forward edge is pressing upward essentially level with its rearward edge. If not, then the spring needs reshaping or replacing.

I've never seen a problem with a Sako feeding properly from the magazine, but my guess would be a problem with the magazine spring. Check to see if its forward edge is pressing upward essentially level with its rearward edge. If not, then the spring needs reshaping or replacing.
My thoughts as well…Sako rifles typically feed nicely.
Kehl..How many rounds are you loading into the box?
Some AI’s will hold 7 or 8 rounds but aren’t really supposed to.

Very interesting timber on this one!
Once you get the feeding issue resolved, you should name her Mono Lisa!
IMG_3471.jpeg

Last edited:
My AI .17 Rem does this occasionally. I tweek the magazine spring and Im good to go. Bend the spring to put more pressure on the forward end of the follower.

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the feedback I have since manipulated the magazine spring and changed ammo and this seems to have sorted the issue out, what a difference! its been my only hang up with the rifle.

Have been running the cheaper Remington rounds with the soft tip which I think was catching a lot now with the premier accutip-v rounds the plastic tip seems to slide across a lot smoother. IMG_2429.jpeg IMG_2430.jpeg IMG_2426.jpeg

My thoughts as well…Sako rifles typically feed nicely.
Kehl..How many rounds are you loading into the box?
Some AI’s will hold 7 or 8 rounds but aren’t really supposed to.

Very interesting timber on this one!
Once you get the feeding issue resolved, you should name her Mono Lisa!
View attachment 30175
Yea so I only feed 6 into the magazine, and yes very nice stock, the rifle came from a collector in the NT, through deceased estate auction.

Latest posts

Back