• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

A1 and L461

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

rimrock

I need help. I want to restock my L461. Is there a difference between the A1 and the L461 actions? Thanks.

Rod -

Don't take this as gospel, but I think you need to stick with the older 461 stock. I think I read the very earliest of Stoegers A-1s were unchanged, and only the box was labeled A-1. By about '82, I believe the bolt shroud and change to the tang took place. Hopefully someone a little more versed on Stoegers will weigh in...

What's wrong with your original stock? Could you just refinsh it, or are there bigger problems?

Good luck, Dick

Rod!
To the best of my knowledge, the L461 and the AI are basically the same when it comes to fitting a L461 into an AI stock!
A guy I know bought a McMillan Hunter inletted for an AI action and his L461 fitted like a glove.
Jim

Thanks for the replies. My stock is cracked at the wrist. It has been pinned and glued but I am leery of it as a hunting rifle. I need a varmint stock but don't want to spend big bucks on one that I carry in the field.This is an L461 action that I think was bought from Stoeger and fitted with a Douglas barrel so it is not a collector.

I have found a a1 223 what are the difference between the two, i also have
a beretta 30-06 that the action looks like a sako can anyone help with
the history

06 that the action looks like a sako can anyone help withthe history </p> -sako5103 said:
i have found a a1 223 what are the difference between the two, i also havea beretta 30
what is the difference between the a1 and the l461 223

5103:

They are essentially the same. The later A-1s had a slightly longer bolt handle and a shrouded cocking piece. They will fit in the same stock inletting.

Beretta marketed its 503 series that used the Sako action. This was before Beretta bought Sako outright.

Would you be interested in selling your broken stock? I am looking for an L461 stock to cut down for a kid's gun. Appearance is unimportant. Is this a sporter or heavy barrel stock?

stonecreek said:
5103:
Would you be interested in selling your broken stock? I am looking for an L461 stock to cut down for a kid's gun. Appearance is unimportant. Is this a sporter or heavy barrel stock?
My L461 is a .223 with a heavy barrel. I might sell it but first I need to locate another stock. I would not have any idea as to the worth of a damaged stock. Thanks.

seen l461 stock on e bay
i have the A1 action in223 second from bottom
trying too find rate of twist
what i find is 1 in 12 if i read it right in my 223 A1 serial number 803105
dont know if that is right the 1 in 12 twist

seen l461 stock on e bay
i have the A1 action in223 second from bottom
trying too find rate of twist
what i find is 1 in 12 if i read it right in my 223 A1 serial number 803105
dont know if that is right the 1 in 12 twist

Beings you have the rifle in hand, why don't you just measure the twist? All it takes is a cleaning rod, tight patch, & a measuring tape. I think you will find it is a 12 twist or the metric equivalent.

not that i could find but mine was a1 action put on custom made barrel and stock
had a 5 shot removable mag so i dont think the Lmodels had removable mags were hinge plates
idont know if i could of got a1 with a hing plate
i finaly found a mag for my a1 very lucky

Latest posts

Back