A Public Service Announcement

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by icebear, Mar 30, 2020.

1. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Over the past few days I have received several SPAM e-mails from Gunbroker.com regarding various coronavirus-related products - face masks, etc. Gunbroker churns out a lot of SPAM on behalf of its advertisers, much of it from sellers of "prepper" products. I delete all of this dreck unread, and I'd advise everybody to do the same. If you are looking for survival items for Coronavirus, or the Apocalypse, stick with trusted, reputable sellers that don't spam up your inbox with ridiculous claims. In addition, there are a lot of fake e-mails out there purporting to be from the CDC or other authoritative sources that are peddling scams, bogus products, and/or misinformation and conspiracy theories. Don't believe anything that doesn't come from a known, reputable health provider. I get regular coronavirus updates from my doctor, my insurance company, and Medicare, and that's who I trust. I would especially avoid any Internet conspiracy theories that the virus or social distancing or Tony Fauci is some kind of political conspiracy. It's not - it's real, we need to keep away from each other, and Fauci, one of the world's top experts on communicable diseases, is a national treasure.

(Steps off soapbox, bows to audience. Exit, stage left.)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Dang, I wish I had read this before drinking a mixture of bleach and fish tank decontaminant, then paying $299.95 for an activated charcoal breathing helmet (at least shipping was free on the second helmet on the same order).

Thankfully, the president told me yesterday to just wrap a scarf (the thicker material is even better than those M95 masks) over my nose and mouth. It's good to finally get some dependable advice!

3. kevinlg

kevinlg Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Stone.....

Yup........I finally have another use for my old coyote/turkey hunting camo bandanna.

Guess the folks at the United Supermarket will just have to get use to it............................IF they can manage to SEE me!! :) :)

4. icebear

icebear Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    We can all dress up like old-time train robbers. Wear your bandanna and a hogleg on your hip (only in open-carry states!) and you'll cause a real stir.

By the way, I had a look at my 3M painting mask the other day and it's rated P100 which is actually stronger than N95, if I'm reading the specs right. Filters 100% of particles and also filters VOC's. Kind of uncomfortable, though, and I'm going to have to stop by Michael's one of these days and get some new elastic for it. So, if you've got a good shop mask, it's good for some protection from the Coronavirus.