A message to all members!

Discussion in 'News' started by L61R, Dec 27, 2009.

1. L61R

L61R SCC President Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    Sweden
    State/Region:
    SE Ostergotland
    Hello to all of you Honourable Members!

Lately, we have had some issues with members trying to promote and sell various goods through the Private Message system!

This behaviour is nothing that I approve of or like at all! If you are being contacted by anyone trying to sell you something, please contact me or any of the Admins! We will do what we can to help you out!

If a member posts a Wanted ad, and You have the item(s) they are looking for, first post an answer in the Wanted ad. Then the member can post back or use the PM system to get back to You. This way we keep the PM system clean from unwanted PMxB4s and "spam".

And if you are contacted by a business or a seller at eBay or similar, please report to me or the Admins!

At the same time I will Thank You All for making this forum such a great place! I appreciate You All!

Thanks!

Jim aka L61R

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    Jim,
    Well said. They are making progress on tracking the IP address we were talking about.
    S-A

3. niclas

niclas Member

S-A- I have PMd you

4. misako50

misako50 Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    S-A- I am back - I was told to gather all the pertinent data regarding the abuse and forward it to the parent entity. They will get a court order to seize and examine and the hard drive can then be used to convict. I believe they have a block on this as I write. I was told to go about the normal course of business.-Mike

5. wookie316

wookie316 Well-Known Member

Sorry in advance for what I am about to say, but that "nut job wacko" is really getting on my nerves! He couldn't play by the rules & got himself banned for it. GIVE IT UP ALREADY YOU SORE LOOSER!!! Now by starting new accounts & going in & filling the board with useless posts about nonsense & crap, the Admin's have to go in & clean the board up & us "GOOD" users can't just go & review the new posts in the side bar. I'm tired of this crap.
    I for one am glad I never bought anything from that jerk & I advise all on this board that even though he has the product to not buy from him as well. If he acts like this on a forum, how can you be for sure that once $ exchanges hands you'll ever see anything?
    Sorry again for the vent, but I think I'm saying what many are thinking right now. I know you Admin's are in process of trying to get this under control & my hat is off to you. :bigsmile3:

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    Mike.
    Roger that. When forensic data miners get the final I.S.P. and the machines I.P. is found a warrant will be drawn up and signed. I've printed out all data strings and sending them to LEX in DC to handle that. They are the best. Worked on the MCI-World Comcomputers for the Justice Department briefs.
    S-A

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    Wookie,
    This won't last long. My bet is he'll be in jail by Monday.
    S-A

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    Wookie, BTW Thanks:wink2:

9. misako50

misako50 Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    Thanks Wookie- It really isn't hard to stop or clean up. The only thing it interferes with is a bit of a mess on the posting board for about 10 minutes. We should be good with the block they said would be placed. We'll just go on like we did before-too bad he seems to be taking it out on SA. We didn't act on it until we had over 10 complaints by members that he was irritating them and would we please stop him. Jim tried to get the point accross as did others but he didn't want to listen. Now he acts like a child and we are glad he's gone-Mike

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    Everyone have a good night.
    Thanks Mike
    S-A

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    other
    And, everyone keep posting as nothing has happened.
    S-A