A couple old Sakos

Discussion in 'Sako Medium Actions' started by barreltwister, Feb 9, 2020.

1. barreltwister

barreltwister Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    Acquired these two over the last couple weeks.

The L579 in 243 is early enough to have the one piece trigger guard and mag box as well as the inside the bow floorplate release. Probably 1960-61

The L461 is a 222 without the Bofors stamp and it has the long extractor. I think that puts it from about '68-'72

These replace almost exactly Sakos that I've let go in the past and wish I'd kept.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    It always brings a feeling of "making yourself whole" again when you find a replacement for a favorite rifle which you realize you should have never sold. My first .22 was a Marlin Model 57 Levermatic, which I foolishly sold. Fifty years later I was able to find another. That made me feel so good that I eventually collected the entire Levermatic family -- Model 56 clip, Model 57 tube, Model 57M .22 Magnum, Model 62 .256 Win, and Model 62 .30 Carbine. Marlin once cataloged the Model 62 in .22 Jet, but Marlin fans assure me that the caliber was never actually produced.

3. icebear

icebear Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Nice pair.

4. kim keen

kim keen Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region: