A Big Down In The Economy

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by Rocky, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Rocky

Rocky Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Nebraska
    The big down might bring on some great buys on collector guns this coming Spring, and Summer.

Wondering what others think.

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    I doubt it. "Collectibles" tend to follow a market of their own -- which may go up or down depending on lots of variables. However, it is true that an extended economic downturn will impact the price of nearly everything if overall demand is way down. If you're referring to the stock market and not the broader economy, then most people who maintain significant investments in equities recognized the market as being oversold and due for a correction, anyway. Not many lifestyles will change based on stock market movement compared to other factors in the economy.

northernlights likes this.
  3. STEVE FRENCH

STEVE FRENCH Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US California
    I don't know about others, but I find myself checking out the classifieds on this forum and others way more than I used to due to more "free time".....Been tempted several times to buy but so far have held off. Don't know if prices will go down, but I think more of us are looking.

cl_leg likes this.
  4. robinpeck

robinpeck Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    I think all the cancelled gunshows will have trouble rebounding no matter what happens in the future...on-line sales will inevitably increase to some degree.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  5. gowyo

gowyo Sako Junkie

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Wyoming
    I agree with Stone, collectors generally have some discretionary income to fund their addiction. No need to sell cheap. However, a year from now, heirs may be divulging themselves of guns from covid related death estate sales...so they can buy AR's and glocks.

northernlights likes this.