• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

Sako 85 Bavarian stock or resellers?

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

Seefor

Hi all, new member here. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get a hold of a Sako 85 Bavarian Carbine (the mannlicher stock) in 308. I’ve looked all over the internet but can’t find a single retailer that has them in stock. In fact, many say the model is discontinued?

Eurooptic has been receiving Sako 85’s recently & they sell fairly quickly. I’ve seen the 85 mannlichers/Bavarian carbines in various calibers. Perhaps give them a call or get on their waiting list. I’ve seen recent models in 6.5x55, etc. Another newly listed Sako custom shop Bavarian carbine in .308 just sold couple weeks ago from an outfit in Okla but was pricey as an exhibition grade wood, etc. (GB listed).

Eurooptic has been receiving Sako 85’s recently & they sell fairly quickly. I’ve seen the 85 mannlichers/Bavarian carbines in various calibers. Perhaps give them a call or get on their waiting list. I’ve seen recent models in 6.5x55, etc. Another newly listed Sako custom shop Bavarian carbine in .308 just sold couple weeks ago from an outfit in Okla but was pricey as an exhibition grade wood, etc. (GB listed).
Thank you, appreciate the info, I’ll keep my eye out.

Or give EuroOptic a call to reserve the next one they get…(?)
I did. According to them they are no longer getting any in stock. I've been waiting and looking online and cannot find anyone for sale, anywhere. Maybe they're discontinued.

Seefor, I am skeptical of the future unavailability, but just check websites or google the model and caliber you want and periodically one will become available.
I was at a local high volume gunstore last year looking for ammunition and was told that they had received several Sako's on consignment, one being a minimally used 85 Mannlicher in 6.5x55 Swede. I made an offer and bought it for $1,600 even though I have no mannlichers/carbines in this action model because they are fairly uncommon, as is the 7x64. Don't give up hope as one may pop up soon.
Good Luck.

Seefor, I am skeptical of the future unavailability, but just check websites or google the model and caliber you want and periodically one will become available.
I was at a local high volume gunstore last year looking for ammunition and was told that they had received several Sako's on consignment, one being a minimally used 85 Mannlicher in 6.5x55 Swede. I made an offer and bought it for $1,600 even though I have no mannlichers/carbines in this action model because they are fairly uncommon, as is the 7x64. Don't give up hope as one may pop up soon.
Good Luck.
Thank you, yes, I’m going to keep looking. I may have one lined up, albeit not in a caliber that I would ideally want (I try to keep all my guns in relatively cheap and common calibers).

I did call beretta themselves and I was told they do not have pricing available for these models for this year which means that they have been discontinued or are at least are not being imported. According to the person I spoke with, there is no indication or guarantee that they’ll resume production in the future.

Good Luck.

Hey,
If you'd like to sell it, please message me. That's actually the model that I'm looking for.
Cheers,
Rick

Back