Sako 85 .300 wsm Finnlig

Discussion in 'Sako 75, 85 and A7' started by steves52, Jun 29, 2019.

1. steves52

steves52 Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Connecticut
    i bought it used on GI for my son.
    Shoots great but jams up on retraction and SAKO Aapparently could care less.
    Any remedies or gun smith corrections?

2. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Is this with an unfired round or a spent case?

I understand that with this model the case sometimes hits the scope's windage turret and is deflected back into the action. Some people address this by rotating the scope a quarter turn counter-clockwise and using the elevation turret on the LH side as to adjust windage and the windage turret on the top to adjust elevation.

3. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    I'm not familiar with the what "jams up on retraction" means with regard to firearm function. Could you elaborate?

4. P04R

P04R Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Finland
    State/Region:
    European Union
    Does the rifle do it only with full magazine or with 1-3 rounds in the magazine too?

My best guess is the locking lug is hitching on the shoulder of the next cartridge in the magazine. An unique problem to the WSM calibers. If it happens only with full magazine it cannot be helped much. Full magazine will always be a pain in the butt. If it does it with 1-3 rounds left then it can be helped by very careful rounding of the locking lug edge. It really doesn't take much.