7x33s

Discussion in 'General Sako Discussions' started by lord frith, Aug 11, 2020.

1. lord frith

lord frith Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Belize
    State/Region:
    US Washington
    Two L46 7x33s for sale in Queensland, Australia at The Barn gunshop. One looks quite good while the second, not so much. Appears a high school shop class had a hand in the stock design.
    Stephen

robinpeck likes this.

2. robinpeck

robinpeck Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Canada
    State/Region:
    CA New Brunswick
    I checked them out. Are those prices generally what an average relatively good condition Sako L46 in 7x33 goes for in Australia?

3. deersako

deersako Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU New South Wales
    Yes, and I wouldn’t pay anymore for a short magazine model.

robinpeck likes this.
  4. Glen Scheluchin

Glen Scheluchin Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Hello all, first post after much researching - amazed at how much info about the L46 is on here Kudos to you all for getting it alltogether. It most certainly has helped me. I have a L461 in .17 Rem serial 154439 which I figure was made around 1979. I was going to rechamber it for a special chamber. I have modifid (rounded to metric) the .17 Viper cartridge . Had the ream and go no go made for in the US. Heres the crunch, bit slow out of the gate..... The L461 action is to long and wont cycle the 40mm OAL . Sooooooooo I going to sell the L461 and hopefully find a short magazine L46 to complete the project. I see there are a few Aussies here - give me the good oil on who and where for the L46. IM sitting down now waiting for the wealth of info that I know is on here......

5. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Wouldn't it be much easier to make a magazine block for the L461? Besides, the "short" magazine and "long" magazine L46's are identical except that the "long" magazine L46's chambered in other than .222 simply used a magazine block (magazine interior shortened with a block in the rear) to effectively make the magazine shorter.

6. Glen Scheluchin

Glen Scheluchin Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Victoria
    Hello stonecreek, I read a recent post from you about measuring the action length of the L46 - 33mm cartridge rifles (early seriels) and the later production version that was stretched for the .222. I would be very grateful if you could put some definitive numbers to this "short version" & "long version" L46 action and magazines. Its frustrating a bit - its like saying, Oh, its a short piece of string OR its a long piece of string ....... how long OR how short. If I had the numbers - length of the 2 mags and actions then I could make an informed choice on which seriel L46 would work with a Viper S chamber oal of 40mm. Hope you can help me out here, Im flying blind here not knowing, and I dont want to invest in another rifle only to find it wont cycle the shorter round