• Hey All! Lately there has been more and more scammers on the forum board. They register and replies to members requests for guns and/or parts or other things. The reply contains a gmail or hotmail address or similar ”anonymous” email addresses which they want you to reply to. DO NOT ANSWER ANY STRANGE MESSAGES! They often state something like this: ”Hello! Saw your post about purchasing a stock for a Safari. KnuckleheadBob has one. Email him at: [email protected]” If you receive any strange messages: Check the status of whoever message you. If they have no posts and signed up the same day or very recently, stay away. Same goes for other members they might refer to. Check them too and if they are long standing members, PM them and ask if the message is legit. Most likely it’s not. Then use the report function in each message or post so I can kick them out! Beware of anything that might seem fishy! And again, for all of you who registered your personal name as username, please contact me so I can change it to a more anonymous username. You’d be surprised of how much one can find out about a person from just a username on a forum such ad our! All the best! And be safe! Jim

75 Finnlight

Sako Collectors Club Discussion Forum

d500lnn

I am curious if anyone can tell me true market value of a finnlite in a 260 rem. At this point it doesn't matter as I've already bought the rifle. I wanted this caliber and I've been in a buying mood and I love my other 2 finnlight s. I've not seen many 260's in my time. Any opinions are welcome.

Excellent cartridge, but it's just unfortunate that Remington doesn't support it with much in the way of factory ammo options. Kind of par for the course with Remington. They seem to plan for their innovations to fail. If you hand load you can take advantage of the many great bullet options in the 6.5mm group & your rifle will be a great hunting companion. The 6.5 Creedmoor which Hornady developed & supports with a vast array of target & hunting ammo is the 260's ballistic twin, & hopefully will be offered by Sako if it hasn't already. I think the Creedmoor will spell doom for the 260, so your rifle could end up being a rare bird.

Yep, .260's are fairly scarce in any model of Sako. Give it a few years and people will be paying premiums for them like the .244 and .300 H&H.

I agree with both of you two paulsonconstruction and stonecreek. I do reload and have brass and bullet selection for the 6.5 caliber of bullet. I own a full custom in a creedmoor and really like it. I had a 260 on a borden action I sold last year. I love my finnlights and really wanted this in a 6.5 caliber rifle. This one is said to shoot consistently in the .4's and I have no doubt about that. I own the same little finnlight in a 243 that shoots bugholes.

I tried to buy a finnlight in a 260 a year or two ago and it didn't happen. I made this offer and got this one!

Thanks for the info as always. 2 Sako purchases in one week....I can get into this...

Back