75 6ppc Action II or III?

Discussion in 'Sako 75, 85 and A7' started by DaveWA, Jun 23, 2013.

1. DaveWA

DaveWA Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    Hi everyone, i've used this site a few times in the past for information, now I'm looking for a 6ppc and have a question I think you guys could answer.

I've found a 75 stainless laminate varmint in 6ppc, it all looks good except its built on a III action. I've found a number of resources on the internet which state that the ppcs were built on a special II action, can anyone confirm?

I'm worried that the rifle I have found is a re-chambered 243 or similar, though it does have the correct ppc magazine. And as far as I know the 'special' II actions used the shorter I action magazine length, rather than the longer III length?

Thanks in advance, Dave

2. 7mmmagnum

7mmmagnum Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    This is my 75 Stainless Varmint .22PPC & as you can see, it's a III action. Can't imagine the 6mmPPC would be any different.

[​IMG]

3. DaveWA

DaveWA Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    Thanks for that, other than the rarity I've got no reason to think that this rifle isn't genuine just wanted to double check, its coming from over your way you may have come across it at some point.

4. 7mmmagnum

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Nah, if I had've & it was in good nick I would've bought it for myself! Been looking for one for ages. Came across the .22PPC while looking for a 6mmPPC so bought it instead. Hope you're happy with your new purchase!

5. DaveWA

DaveWA Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
    I can give you the email address for a guy with a blued varmint 6ppc, I think he wants big money though. Or there is a stainless hunter 6ppc in Safari Firearms on consignment, again big money. And there are heaps of A1's going around, I really wanted a 75 though.

6. 7mmmagnum

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    I'm a big fan of the A series but I was particularly after the 6mmPPC in a 75 cause of the removable magazine for the spotlighting we do here. Foxes, feral cats & hares for the most part, but we regularly run into mobs of medium size pigs, so an extra mag filled with 85gn Barnes TSX would be ideal for that. Thanks for the tip on the Stainless Hunter, I'll give them a call in the morning.

7. DaveWA

DaveWA Member

Country Flag:
    Australia
  8. 7mmmagnum

Country Flag:
    Australia
    State/Region:
    AU Queensland
    Yeah saw that, pity it's on the wrong side of the world.