1. ray odom

ray odom Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Arizona
    Thanks for the add, long time hunter,have had my 338 Win for 25 years, looking for info on it .Where do I get the twist rate? Is the trigger adjustable? what 200 loads are you all using.....

2. Sean Hodges

Sean Hodges Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Welcome Ray,

Typically the twist rate for.338 WM is 1 in 10, but you’ve left a lot of mystery in your post by not referring to your rifles make and model. Trigger adjustment will depend on the actual trigger installed, but if it’s a #4 Sako for instance, then yes it would be adjustable. Again a description and photos would help if your unsure. Adjustment may be best left to a professional based on you’re own skill and knowledge.

Load recipes are completely and totally based on how the rifle performs with any given load. There are hundreds of recipes for .338 WM, utilizing all sorts of components, i.e. brass, powder, primer, and of course projectile. The best way to begin this process is to start with a reloading manual of your choice and work carefully through the process. Load development will depend much on the actual use of the rifle.

3. paulsonconstruction

paulsonconstruction Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Iowa
    As Sean stated, SAAMI specifications call for a 1 in 10" twist rate for the 338 Win Mag, so I'm sure Sako made them to that spec or the metric equivalent. You can use a tight patch on a cleaning rod & measure yourself to confirm or just Google 338 Win Mag & Wikapedia will give you all the specs & measurements.