1. KD Hudson

KD Hudson Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    New member, need help finding a buyer for a sweet 264 Sako, 26" Finnbear barrel.

2. CVCOBRA1

CVCOBRA1 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Illinois
    Barrel only or whole rifle? Those 26 inch barrels are a little rare. Condition would help. I'm sure its a Bofors.

3. KD Hudson

KD Hudson Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    264 L61R SAKO, whole rifle. Made in Fineland. Serial #389. great gun. Good condition steel, wood needs cleaning & polishing, worn. Shoots beautifully

4. Tomball

Tomball Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Please post some good photos and provide some history of the rifle.

5. KD Hudson

KD Hudson Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Gun history. One owner only, my husband. Bought new. His favorite rifle, he got 2 Boone & Crocket whitetails with this gun and many more trophies. He passed, so I am thinning the gun cabinet.

Attached Files:

• SAKO.jpg
      SAKO.jpg
      File size:
      870.5 KB
      Views:
  6. northernlights

northernlights Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US New Hampshire
    KD, sorry for your loss. Just from your husband's 1st choice of rifles and his hunting success he sounds like a real good man....someone we would have enjoyed being friends with here on the Sako Forum. Kindest regards to you.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  7. KD Hudson

KD Hudson Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Thank you, he was great, and not just the rifle. Thought about keeping it myself, but I bonded with my Browning A-bolt 7mag. Just want to see the sako go to a good home. A hunting buddy told me about Sako Collectors.

8. sakojim

sakojim Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Oregon
    Hello KD.
    Sorry for your loss. Just a couple of comments if you will. First, be sure you really want to part with a family keepsake. Second if you choose to sell, at least 10 good pictures will give collectors a better idea of value. Third, if this rifle is in reasonably good condition it will bring you a fair number of good offers. The most valued reasons are the caliber, the 26" bbl and most of all the low serial number. Beware of scammers!
    As a collector, I would jump at the chance to purchase except that I already have several of them, although none with as low a serial number. If it were a deluxe model with one of the rare floor plate engravings, it would really be a keeper.
    I hope that it is not sold to a 'bubba' type custom enthusiast, or worse yet to some unscrupulous collector who may restore it and try to pass it off as new in a few months. Just my 2 cents worth and good luck. Sakojim.