22 wmr

Discussion in 'Sako Rimfires and Small Action Rifles' started by Guest, Feb 6, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Banned

Question , (older model) has Sako ever made a rifle chambered for the 22 WMR other than the P94?

2. deergoose

deergoose Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    I know that the model 78 (Stoeger import) chambered in .22 Mag, but the M78's predecessor's, the model 75 and P72 before that, may have chambered in .22 Mag. as well.

DeerGoose

3. Guest

Guest Banned

Thanks for the info, good lead.
    I have heard good things about the M78, I didn't know they chambered it in 22WMR. I'll be looking.
    Best,
    GoGo

4. Guest

Guest Banned

Good luck finding one. I have seen several in 22 Hornet priced reasonable, but have had no luck finding a mag. When one comes up on GB, GA or AA they go pretty high and fast. If you find two, let me know.

5. Guest

Guest Banned

I had a p78 in .22 WMR several years ago. It was a decent shooter but I eventually got tired of it. I advertised it a couple of times on this site and took it to several local gun shows over a period of more than a year. I never did get a decent offer on it. Finally swapped it and some cash for a real nice pre-72 .222 Magnum heavy barrrel, which I still have.

6. Guest

Guest Banned

Still looking for that rare creature the M78 in 22WMR.
    Anyone out there know of one for sale?
    I would be very interested, let me know.
    [email protected]
    Thanks to all,
    GoGo

7. Guest

Guest Banned

Still looking...
    Let me know if you have one for sale?
    [email protected]
    Thanks,
    GoGo