22-250 value?

Discussion in 'Valuation Corner' started by sws1213, Jan 28, 2012.

1. sws1213

sws1213 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Hi Guys, I came across an A3? Deluxe 22-250 at a gun show this morning priced at $995. Was in fair shape with a few dings in the stock, but otherwise looks ok. Is this a fair price? Thanks for your help. You guys are the best!

2. deergoose

deergoose Sako-addicted

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Virginia
    Seems to be a fair price. .22-250s can be hard to find, especially in a deluxe. I would expect the metal to be close to flawless for that price, good luck!

DeerGoose

3. stonecreek

stonecreek SCC Secretary Forum Owner SCC Board Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Should be an A-II. Use and wear devalue a deluxe by a bit greater percentage than a standard. For $1,000, a deluxe needs to be better than just "fair", but one man's "fair" may be another's "nice", so you'll just have to be the judge. A "mint" deluxe .22-250 will bring well over $1,000, but you have to remember that people are paying for the beauty of a deluxe, so stock dings, bluing wear, dingy finish, etc. all knock down the value of a deluxe pretty rapidly.

4. sws1213

sws1213 Well-Known Member

Country Flag:
    USA
    State/Region:
    US Texas
    Thanks guys. I went back to the show today to see if the seller would "wiggle" any, but he had already sold it. I was really not that disappointed as I really prefer the older guns anyway.